Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Oops! Falling off the wagon

Since becoming pregnant I haven't been good AT ALL at blogging. At first I was so sick I didn't feel like eating anything. Now, although I am back to eating regular foods I still don't have much energy. I'm sad to say that there have been a few recipes that I have tried that are on my list that I didn't document. All of them I will make again, and will make sure to document. But here is how I felt about what we have tried since I "fell off the blogging wagon."

Cuban Sandwich- Marinated pork roast, ham, Swiss, mustard, french bread and bread and butter pickles. Yummy! This was the first time we had tried this sandwich, and we will make it again for sure. We went light on the mustard and pickles on the side- both good decisions. But I wouldn't omit the pickles entirely, you really need that sour bite with the rich sandwich.

Gumbo- I received a recipe from a lady I talk to online who lives in Louisiana, so I knew she would know what she was talking about when it came to gumbo. I only used andoullie sausage and shrimp. I was spicy but good, very filling and perfect for a cold night.

Bananas Foster- Very rich, but yummy!

Marshmallows- For our Christmas dinner dessert at my moms we made homemade s'mores. I made the graham crackers, mallows and a yummy chocolate ganache. The mallows had great flavor. Next time I will make sure to coat the top with powdered sugar so they would be easier to cut. We had plenty leftover chocolate and mallows, which I made into a decadent hot chocolate the next morning. How sweet it is!!

Cheesecake- For Christmas dinner at the in-laws I attempted my first cheesecake. I made The Girl Who Ate Everything's Turtle Cheesecake. Everyone loved it, so much so that my mother in law had a slice for breakfast the next day! The chocolate layer was a bit to bittersweet for me, but the cake turned out nicely, so I can't wait to try out another variation.
I have a list of the next recipes I am going to try, and made a sourdough starter on Monday, so I hope to be baking a loaf of delicious bread soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment