Friday, October 7, 2011

My list- All the foods I want to try, or techniques I want to master.

For the past few weeks I have been food blog obsessed. Looking at all the recipes and pictures other people post got me thinking: There are so many foods I have never tried! I consider myself a pretty accomplished cook for my age (24,) but I wouldn't say that I am overly adventurous. So I have started a food "bucket list" of things that I would like to try someday. And since I love to cook, I think it would be more fun to cook the foods myself, rather then try them in a restaurant. Traditional foods like Beef Wellington and French Onion Soup, and regional favorites like Tamales and Fresh Pasta, but also techniques like cutting up a whole chicken and making the perfect pie crust. I am so excited to start this process! I don't have a timeline set, and I know that I will continue to add things to the list as I go. I hope that I can open my young daughters world up to new tastes and food experiences, and someday she will look at this blog and the recipes and pictures and want to get in the kitchen and cook. Success or failure, whether my family and I like the dishes or not, I can't wait to get cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment